Setting up your Company for Payroll in New Hampshire

The following article is for customers who are setting up their company in New Hampshire, whether they are re-registering a company with an existing account with the state, or if they are registering a new account with the state for the first time.

New Hampshire Tax Agencies

  • New Hampshire Employment Security (NHES) - unemployment tax - (603) 224-3311

Setting up an Existing Company 

If you have previously run payroll for your company in New Hampshire, you must get the following information from your existing paperwork and forms. Once you have gotten this information, please contact the CertiPay Online Support Team to finalize your setup within the payroll application.  

Information  Location
NHES Employer Number Letter of Determination or Quarterly Tax or Wage Report received from the NHES.
UI Tax Rate Tax Rate Determination letter that you received from NH Employment Security
Administrative Contribution rate (AC rate)

If you have questions or cannot find this information, please contact the New Hampshire Employment Security (NHES), when applicable.

Registering a New Company

If you are running payroll for your company in the state of New Hampshire for the first time, you must register your company with the New Hampshire Employement Security (NHES) to receive your NHES Employer Number, State Unemployment Account Number, and tax rates.

For more information about registering a new company with the state of New Hampshire, you can contact their department of revenue, or you can email the CertiPay Online Support Team who will help you register your company.


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.