The following article is for customers who are setting up their company in Montana, whether they are re-registering a company with an existing account with the state, or if they are registering a new account with the state for the first time.
Montana Tax Agencies
- Montana Department of Revenue (DOR) - income tax withholding - (866) 859-2254
- Montana Department of Labor & Industry (DLI) - unemployment tax - (800) 550-1513
Setting up an Existing Company
If you have previously run payroll for your company in Montana , you must get the following information from your existing paperwork and forms. Once you have gotten this information, please contact the CertiPay Online Support Team to finalize your setup within the payroll application.
|Withholding Account ID||Notices received from the Montana Department of Revenue.|
|UI Account Number||Notices from the Montana Department of Labor & Industry.|
|UI Contribution Rate|
If you have questions or cannot find this information, please contact the Montana Department of Revenue or the Department of Employment and Workforce, when applicable.
Registering a New Company
If you are running payroll for your company in the state of Montana for the first time, you must do the following:
- Register your company with the Montana Department of Revenue to receive your Withholding Account ID for the state.
- Register your company with the Montana Department of Labor & Industry to receive your UI Account Number.
- Receive your UI Contribution Rate.
For more information about registering a new company with the state of Montana, you can contact their department of revenue, or you can email the CertiPay Online Support Team who will help you register your company.