The following article is for customers who are setting up their company in South Carolina, whether they are re-registering a company with an
South Carolina Tax Agencies
- South Carolina Department of Revenue (DOR) - income tax withholding - (803) 896-1450
- South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce - unemployment tax - (803) 737-3080
Setting up an Existing Company
If you have previously run payroll for your company in South Carolina, you must get the following information from your existing paperwork and forms. Once you have gotten this information, please contact the CertiPay Online Support Team to finalize your setup within the payroll application.
|SC Withholding File Number||Notices received from the State of South Carolina Department of Revenue.|
|Employer Account Number||Form UCE-120 (Employer Package, Liability Letter, and Employer Quarterly Contribution and Wages Report)|
|Unemployment Tax Rate||Rate Notice from the SC Dept. of Employment and Workforce|
If you have questions or cannot find this information, please contact the South Carolina Department of Revenue or the Department of Employment and Workforce, when applicable.
Registering a New Company
If you are running payroll for your company in the state of South Carolina for the first time, you must do the following:
- Register your company with the South Carolina Department of Revenue to receive your Withholding File Number for the state.
- Register your company with the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce to receive your Employer Account Number (South Carolina State Tax ID).
- Receive your unemployment tax rate.
For more information about registering a new company with the state of South Carolina, you can contact their department of revenue, or you can email the CertiPay Online Support Team who will help you register your company.