Company Locations and Addresses

There are three types of addresses that can be added for your business:

  • Filing Address: This is the primary location of your business, such as your company headquarters, and should match the address you have on file with the IRS as the company's physical location. This is the address we will use on returns sent to the agencies. For reference, you can find your filing address on the company’s IRS Federal EIN assignment form (Form SS-4). If you need to update your address, you can reach out to the CPO Support Team to process a filing address change. If you need to change your filing address, you can use the below form and send to your dedicated Support Team. 
  • Mailing Address: This is the address that can receive any physical mail CertiPay Online may send you. Your mailing address and filing address are often the same.
  • Work Location: This is the address where your employees are physically doing their work. It can be the same as the mailing or filing address. If your employee works from home, this will be the same as their home address.

To view your current locations:

  1. Go to Company in the left navigation bar
  2. Select Profile from the drop down
  3. Click on Locations in the left column

Whether your business is moving or growing, you will need to update your company’s location(s) with CertiPay Online.

Please reach out to our Help Desk and support staff will assist you in adding a new location or updating your address.

Out of state Updates: 

If you’re relocating out of state or adding a new location in another state, you will need to register for payroll taxes in that state. Once you’ve registered for a Unemployment Insurance and State Withholding accounts in your new state*, you will need to submit proof of your new state ID's. Acceptable documents include a copy of “Applied For” application, a copy of a letter from the state, or a copy of recent unemployment withholding reports. You will also need to submit a State Income (SIT) specific, notarized Power of Attorney for the following states: AZ, IA, IN, MI, MO, ND, NE, OR, PR, SC, VT and WI.

*Payroll taxes requirements vary per state. Please be sure to register for each applicable account in your new state. 


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.