Before you can pay employees, make sure you've registered for the applicable work and live in state. This can sometimes take several weeks—the sooner you start the process, the sooner you'll have the tax account information required to pay them.
Note, CertiPay Online can put your account in an applied for status. This may cause additional monthly fees as some states do not accept returns/tax liability deposits for accounts that are in an applied for status.
Louisiana Tax Agency
- State Unemployment Insurance - Louisiana Workforce Commission
- State Income Withholding Tax - Louisiana Department of Revenue
Your company becomes liable for state unemployment insurance tax once the company has:
- Paid $1500 in wages during a calendar quarter
- Had an employee working at least one day during a 20 week period
Register with Louisiana Workforce Commission
2. Review the list of requirements and click the acknowledgment.
3. Click the Begin Application button
4. Enter your company information as well as the personal contact information.
Once completed, you will receive your account information instantly. For any questions, you can review the Employer Unemployment Account Information
Register with Louisiana Department of Revenue
1. Go to the Louisiana geauxBIZ site.
2. Click the yellow Sign In or Create Account box
3. Select the Create An Account button
4. Create a Username and password then click Create Account
5. Complete the remaining fields with your company's information.
For more information, you can review the state FAQs section, Document List & Frequently Asked Questions . Your account number will be in the format of "#######-001" for Partnerships, LLCs, and Corporations. For Sole Proprietors, your account number is your SSN (###-##-####).
Agency Contact Information
- Louisiana Department of Revenue (855) 307-3893, Option 2
- Louisiana Workforce Commission (833) 708-2866