Before you can pay employees, make sure you've registered for the applicable work and live in state. This can sometimes take several weeks—the sooner you start the process, the sooner you'll have the tax account information required to pay them.

Note, CertiPay Online can put your account in an applied for status. This may cause additional monthly fees as some states do not accept returns/tax liability deposits for accounts that are in an applied for status. 

Alaska Tax Agency

Register with Alaska Department of Labor

Complete the new employer registration process with the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development to get your assigned unemployment tax rate—this may vary based on your industry. 

You'll receive confirmation of the registration, and your unemployment tax rate, within 5-7 days by email, followed by a letter in the mail.

AK Total Contribution Rate

This appears on the "Contribution Rate Notice" and should include the combined employer and employee components.

  • If you're unsure of your rate, call the agency at (907) 465-2757 to obtain it.

Businesses that have run payroll in Alaska in the past can find their account number and unemployment rate by:

  • Reviewing notices like the "Contribution Rate Notice or Quarterly Contribution Report" from the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
  • Calling the agency at (907) 465-2757 

Agency Website and Contact Information

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.