Setting up your Company for Payroll in New Jersey

he following article is for customers who are setting up their company in New Jersey, whether they are re-registering a company with an existing account with the state, or if they are registering a new account with the state for the first time.

New Jersey Tax Agencies

  • New Jersey Division of Revenue (DOR) - income tax withholding and unemployment tax - (609) 633-6400 (ex. 2211)

Setting up an Existing Company 

If you have previously run payroll for your company in New Jersey, you must get the following information from your existing paperwork and forms. Once you have gotten this information, please contact the CertiPay Online Support Team to finalize your setup within the payroll application.  

Information  Location
Employer Registration Number Notices received from the New Jersey Division of Revenue.
Experience Rate Notice of Employer Contribution Rates such as Employer Contribution Rate (Form AC-174.1) and Notice of Employer Contribution Rate (Form AC-174.1). 

If you have questions or cannot find this information, please contact the New Jersey Department of Revenue or the Department of Employment and Workforce, when applicable.

Registering a New Company

If you are running payroll for your company in the state of New Jersey for the first time, you must do the following:

  • Register your company with the New Jersey Division of Revenue to receive your New Jersey Employer Registration Number.
  • After paying $1000.00 in wages, submit a a NJ-REG form to the Division of Revenue. This information will be forwarded to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, which will determine your liability for Unemployment.
  • Receive/determine your Final Unemployment Experience Rate. 
For more information about registering a new company with the state of South Carolina, you can contact their department of revenue, or you can email the CertiPay Online Support Team who will help you register your company.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.