If you want to make a Payment Method inactive for an employee (for example, if an employee no longer wants a portion of their wages sent to an account), you must make it inactive on the employee's profile.
Note: To safeguard customers receiving wages, CertiPay Online does not allow you to make a Payment Method inactive, when it is the only Payment Method for the employee. If the employee only has a single Payment Method, you should either edit the existing method, or create the new Payment Method first.
For more information about editing an employee's existing Payment Method, see Updating Payment Methods.
To make a Payment Method inactive, do the following.
- From the left navigation bar, click the People tab then select Employees
- Click the name of the employee you want to update.
- Click the Payroll tab on the employee's profile.
- From the Payment Method section, click the blue edit pencil button for the Payment Method to be made inactive.
- Clear the Payment Method is inactive checkbox.
- Click Save Payment Method.
If this is the only Payment Method for the employee, the Edit Payment Method page is redisplayed, with the error message: Trying to disable only configured payment method!
The Payroll page is displayed and the method is removed from the Payment Method section.
Article is closed for comments.