Payment Methods, also known as pay allocations, refer to how an employee receives their check each pay period. There are several options available to employees:
- Direct Deposit: Bank Account and Routing information is added to the employee’s profile and payroll funds are electronically deposited into the employee’s account each check date.
- Paper Check: If you or your employees elect to use paper checks, there are a couple of options available to you:
- Paper checks written from your company’s Accounts Payable (AP) account
- Checks can be printed on check stock ordered from CertiPay Online
- Pay Cards: Pre-paid cards are loaded with the employee’s wages each check date. Pay Cards can be used as debit cards or funds can be withdrawn via ATM, bank cashier, or cash back when making purchases. Pay Cards come with Account and Routing information and are added to the employee’s profile just as direct deposit is.
We encourage our clients to add direct deposit to the system for their employees.
Not only does it fit our initiative to go green, but it also helps ease the burden on the employers. However, if you/your employees elect to use paper checks, you have the option of printing pay stubs from the system and attaching the two. Please note that while we manage direct deposits on our end, employers are responsible for all reconciling for paper checks.
Direct Deposit is a requirement for our Automatic Processing feature.