Payment Methods, also known as pay allocations, refer to how employees receive their payment or ‘check’ each pay period. Employers have the following options:
- Direct Deposit
- Each check date, electronically deposit employee wages into the employee’s specified financial account. Employee profile must be configured with valid account information and routing number.
- Paper Checks
- Each check date, generate paper checks with the employee wages. If choosing to utilize paper checks, CertiPay Online facilitates the following options:
- Checks are generated from your Accounts Payable (AP) account. Funds are withdrawn from the associated account when the check is cashed or deposited.
- CertiPay Online also has an additional service to have check printing services. You can review our ancillary services article here - Check Printing Services
- Pay Cards
- Each check date, Employee wages are electronically loaded into pre-paid bank cards. Employees can choose to use these cards as debit cards or withdraw funds from the card via ATM, bank cashier, or cash back when making purchases. Employee profile must be configured with valid account information and routing number for the pay card.
Using Direct Deposit vs Paper Checks
CertiPay Online recommends that all clients provide a direct deposit option for their employees. Not only does this fit the CertiPay Online initiative to ‘go green’, but also it eases the burden on employees. Additionally, direct deposit is a requirement for the CertiPay Online Automatic Processing feature.
However, if you elect to use paper checks, or allow your employees the option to use paper checks, you have the option of printing pay stubs from the system and attaching the two.